We first had this cake at a pot luck picnic about 10 years ago. It was an instant hit, especially with our family. I would love to give credit to Melissa, but she was the aunt of the lady that I got the recipe from and it has been so long that I have no idea how to contact her.
The original recipe was not gluten free, so I have made a few adjustments over the years. This is our favorite version.
This is also a great chance for me to practice my food photography!
Chocolate Amaretto Cake – gluten free
Preheat the oven for 325.
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1 box of King Arthur Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 small box of vanilla or chocolate pudding (we prefer chocolate)
- 3 TBSP gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil (I do substitute with butter or grape seed oil sometimes)
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP amaretto
- Beat the ingredients for the Cake for 2 minutes. The pudding makes the batter whip up higher than you might expect, so I use a very big bowl with a hand mixer or my stand mixer.
- Grease the bundt or tube pan. This is my favorite bundt pan that I got for Mother’s Day one year.
- Pour the batter into the pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes.
- 10 or 15 minutes before the cake will be done, combine the rest of the ingredients for the Sauce and boil for 2-3 minutes. Be careful that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the Cake from the pan.
- Pour the Sauce slowly over the cake, letting it soak in.
(This post contains Amazon affiliate links – by purchasing through my affiliate links, I receive a small commission, but you are not charged a higher price and I will only recommend things that I like!)